Projects and Interesting Things
- PartsBox.io: Keep track of your electronic components. My new project, solving the problem that all makers have: how to manage electronic parts.
- High-Voltage Power Supply for Nixie Tube Projects — in case you are into boost-mode switching power supplies [Hackaday] [DP]
- Lsquaredc (L²C), a Linux library for accessing I²C from userspace without causing excessive pain and suffering [Github repo]
- I2C Library for Freescale Kinetis Cortex-M microcontrollers [Github repo]
- I2C Library for the MSP430, using USI, see also the msp430-usi-i2c project on Github [Hackaday] [DP]
- Bus Pirate Reference Card — for those using the Bus Pirate, a tiny digital debugging tool [DP]
- Inside a Fingerworks Touchstream Keyboard — if you'd like to see what's in a touch keyboard that was the precursor to the iPhone and iPad.
- Linux kernel driver for the buttons on the Fujitsu FMV Stylistic tablet PCs — I don't think this is useful for anyone anymore, except if you own an old Fujitsu Tablet.
- I write two blogs: one in English and one in Polish. They are completely different and intended for different audiences, I don't translate one into the other.
- Via E-mail at email@example.com
- You may follow me on Twitter: @jrychter
- LinkedIn page — but please don't try to add me, unless we know each other. I only add people I know well enough to recommend to other people.
- I don't do Facebook or Google+ (I decided it was a waste of time).
Who am I?
I enjoy building things. I design and build electronic devices, usually involving some sort of microcontroller (TI MSP430, Freescale Kinetis L and K, based on ARM Cortex M0+ or ARM Cortex M4 cores). I also do analog and mixed-signal projects.
Contributed to a number of open-source projects, including INN (news server), Linux kernel, CMU Common Lisp (CMUCL), XEmacs, Weblocks. I regularly write software, mostly in Clojure, C, Perl, and various dialects of assembly (x86-64, ARM Thumb-2) these days.
I am currently a co-founder and CTO at Fablo. We built:
- Fablitics.com: Friendly E-commerce Intelligence, or business analytics in real-time. A tool to measure and improve online store performance.
- Shopimate.com: A complete real-time search & upselling solution for enterprise e-commerce.
- Aleph Vision: Management cockpit and a real-time decision support system for large volumes of information.
Previously, I co-founded Sentivision (IPTV software and hardware, company grew to >45 people and took an investment from SONY). Before that, I created RG Studio, a software development and consulting company (later sold). Earlier, I also created the ICM Networking Group at the Warsaw University, which took responsibility for the university wide-area network.
Designed and managed the creation of software and mixed hardware/software systems such as STB (Set-Top Box) Devices, embedded firmware for VOD systems, H.264/AVC Decoder Software for Texas Instruments DSP processors, Video-on-demand System Middleware, Warsaw University Publication Database, Warsaw University E-mail system.